PT9 on Yosemite?

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

PT9 on Yosemite?

Postby Drumstruck » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:54 am

I just tried to install PT9 onto Yosemite and .... it fails with the message that I need an OS 10.6 or greater.....duh! it can't recognise a newer OS....

So I tried the 9.0.5 version, but it's an upgrade and won't install without a valid version of PT... doh!

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I'm loath to go back to a previous OS.

thanks
Ian Dare
Drumstruck
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: PT9 on Yosemite?

Postby Sammas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Protools 9 isn't even compatiable with Snow Lion or Mavericks... Yosemite is a massive long shot. You can upgrade to Protools 12 for $199US though. I feel dirty even suggesting that you give Avid money but once you get passed the change in plugin format, PT12 offers a bunch of great performance increases and has just jammed a bunch of previously 'HD-Only' features into it as well.

...I need a shower.
Sammas

Postby Drumstruck » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks Nathan, much appreciated.

As you may guess, I haven't run PT for a while......currently running Reaper on Yosemite with nothing but smiles on my dial.

Looks like it will be easier to boot from the old HD with Lion and PT9HD preinstalled...... I'm no keen to fund avid's coffers but 199 sounds ok to get into C21 :-).........nah, I'll stick with the Reaper and it's rediculously small and efficient footprint.

Cheers buddy
Ian Dare
Drumstruck
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Vic » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:32 pm

I"m a bit confused by wether PT12 monthly subscription needs an ilok for general use? I'm happy not upgrading to 12 but My laptop has Yosemite and I would love to access protools when I'm on the road, but I'm not confident of keeping track of my ilok?

Vic
Vic

Location: Birrego, Nsw (6 hours to Sydney, 4 hours to Melbourne)

Postby Sammas » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:54 pm

All versions of Protools require an iLok, including the monthly subscription.
Sammas

Return to The Turtlerock Forum