Studio Spaces nearly ready

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Studio Spaces nearly ready

Postby berkfinger » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:55 pm

We have a bunch of different sized spaces in Marrickville that are nearly ready.

The building has been built from the ground up as a studio and most of the rooms are rented already to nice and chill pro engineers and producers. Full facilities, lots of natural light and a killer location between the park and the bowling green on Faversham street.

Some rooms have booths and some will also have access to a huge tracking room that we are finishing by the end of the year.

PM me to arrange a tour!
Simon R. Berckelman
berkfinger

Re: Studio Spaces nearly ready

Postby simonstav » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:06 am

Any pics?
Regards Simon
simonstav
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby berkfinger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi Simon,

no not yet, we're waiting for it to all be perfect before we put pics up, but if you are in Sydney you can drop in and check it out, my Dad built the place and he is there working on the live room every day.
Simon R. Berckelman
berkfinger

Postby Ben M » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:13 am

This has truly been a monumental studio build and in such a great spot too.
I caught up with Richard back in April and have done a few days here and there helping on the build. It's great to see its development over the past months.
The live room (12m x 7m with 9m ceiling) is centred around four control rooms (each with booths)... a dream design for today's music eng/prods.
To top it off there are three other production rooms.
It's going to be a great community of people doing what we love doing under the one roof.
Richard and Simon have done an amazing job.
I'm almost giddy with excitement to move into my room in October.
Ben M
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby The Tasmanian » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Awesome to hear you are moving in Ben!
I've been involved in elements of the design and build since way before the first slab was laid.
Richard is doing an amazing thorough job - no corners cut.
If I was still parked in Sydney - this would be my home too.
C h r i z t o w n o
The Tasmanian
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby berkfinger » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:38 am

Thanks for the kind words guys! I didn't do much except argue about paint colours and discuss the overall layout/ergonomics of the space. What started as a relaxed, rough approach has turned out to be an incredibly thorough build. For example the tracking room is housed in a completed different structure to the live room, with an air gap and a dirt gap (the 2 rooms sit on completely different slabs and then are floated on those slabs as well). We are talking room in room in different building!

Update is that there is only 1, maybe 2 raw spaces left. Richard is prepared to talk with future tenants about what their needs are and do the build of those rooms accordingly.

Ben did you choose what kind of floor you wanted? I went with vinyl in my room - I just fell in love with the way a vinyl floor sounds after having a space in the Funkhaus here in Berlin (East German 50s design). I guess also a lot of the classic LA studios had vinly floors too. Would love to know what the exact differences are between different surfaces...
Simon R. Berckelman
berkfinger

Postby Ben M » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:54 am

The Tasmanian wrote:Awesome to hear you are moving in Ben!
I've been involved in elements of the design and build since way before the first slab was laid.
Richard is doing an amazing thorough job - no corners cut.
If I was still parked in Sydney - this would be my home too.

All thanks to you Chris for letting me know. You're a gem. If you need some space for a project in Sydney... mi casa es su casa.

berkfinger wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys! I didn't do much except argue about paint colours and discuss the overall layout/ergonomics of the space. What started as a relaxed, rough approach has turned out to be an incredibly thorough build. For example the tracking room is housed in a completed different structure to the live room, with an air gap and a dirt gap (the 2 rooms sit on completely different slabs and then are floated on those slabs as well). We are talking room in room in different building!

Update is that there is only 1, maybe 2 raw spaces left. Richard is prepared to talk with future tenants about what their needs are and do the build of those rooms accordingly.

Ben did you choose what kind of floor you wanted? I went with vinyl in my room - I just fell in love with the way a vinyl floor sounds after having a space in the Funkhaus here in Berlin (East German 50s design). I guess also a lot of the classic LA studios had vinly floors too. Would love to know what the exact differences are between different surfaces...

hey Simon, I did mention a timber floor but I don't think it was budget friendly..however, I have a big load of timber in Kangaroo Valley that could be used. I'll call Richard later today for a chat about that and other things. Cheers.
I'm definitely not opposed to the Vinyl flooring especially if I can run it at 33rpm :D
Ben M
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby The Tasmanian » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:28 pm

We all may have to draw straws Ben - at this stage I know everyone in the building!
Great crew!
## and a dog friendly studio !!!!
(not that I have one - ATM.)
C h r i z t o w n o
The Tasmanian
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby reddirt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:44 pm

This sounds so in touch with todays needs ; hope it works for all involved and it assists in increasing the industry, your skills and bank balance (if you even have enough to use a bank! :D

Cheers, Ross

Ross Muir
Reddirt Recordings
Alice Springs
reddirt

Return to The Turtlerock Forum