Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Birdland want an acoustician in Melbourne

Postby rick » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi guys
Lindsay has lost his forum codes , I can’t fix it

Here is his post

Assume he is me and if you have suggestions
Help him out

The new Birdland is up and running on St Kilda rd (huge balcony, get views…), but I’d like to soundproof part of my space, so I thought I'd ask around if there are any Melbourne based Studio designers / Acoustic Consutants around that anyone can recommend for a rather tricky build on the 7th floor in an office building. Naturally, the primary concern here will be isolation. I’ve had a structural engineer check it out and he says I have a total (ADL plus LL) of 650 kg per m2. A brief chat with Francis Manzella (NYC) indicates that 500kg / m2 is enough for a 100mm concrete floated slab (on top of existing slab of 125mm) as well as walls and ceiling on top (3 or 4 layers of P/B and or plywood/MDF etc). Francis is the only guy I know of that builds studios on upper levels, being a New Yorker and all, but I don’t like the idea of hiring a designer via correspondence. Can someone recommend some designers located in Melbourne? It’s just a small 2 room affair, each room around 34 m2, LR and CR. I may not even bother with floating both rooms, infact, It may work out to just float a smallish drum room, and build a couple iso booths for amps etc. Prefer someone with knowledge / experience regarding floating concrete floors.

Thanks,

Lindsay.
Rick O'Neil
I think we went to different schools together
turtlerockmastering.com
we listen
rick

Re: Birdland want an acoustician in Melbourne

Postby Text_Edifice » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Nick Boulter at ARUP is a good guy and good at complex https://au.linkedin.com/in/nick-boulter-93a55312

Not sure if he contracts privately.
Dave Carter

http://www.twitter.com/davecarter
Text_Edifice
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Return to The Turtlerock Forum