Cambodian laptop

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Cambodian laptop

Postby scott » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:34 am

http://laptop.media.mit.edu/

we will get the fat out of the systems. Today's laptops have become obese. Two-thirds of their software is used to manage the other third, which mostly does the same functions nine different ways.
scott

Postby chris p » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:22 am

That's Micro$oft for you! Reminds me of the late great Douglas Adams - the unshakeable foundation of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's success is that the fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by the superficial design flaws - or to put it another way, you are blinded to the essential uselessness of the system but the sheer joy in getting it to work at all. It does things no sane person would ever want done and then goes beep to tell you its done it!!

That all said, I don't think that the Nigerians would be running Pro Tools on one of those Rick specials. Technology is a great servant if you never let it become your master.
chris p
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mark rachelle » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:23 am

i just heard from my website guy that the new os from microsoft will need 2gig of ram just to load.

thaeir has to be some dead weight in there

also

you got to ask yourself why does my pc's hard drive constantly tick over in busy mode when i'm not doing anything, what is it doing?

when my mac sits their waiting for me to give it a task?
mark rachelle

Postby scott » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:06 pm

"hey we gotta do something while you fart around twidling knobs, its not like we are planning to over throw you humans or anything. Honest. Yet delete delete delete" -- Scotts computer
scott

Return to The Turtlerock Forum