Fav album

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Postby scott » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:47 pm

Worst thing I eeeeveer Heard on the radio was the first single from Evermore!

This was a few years ago and you will probably never have to hear it on your side of the ditch. Holy f@#$ it was bad. The vocal could have come down about three dB and it still would have been too loud. Their singer has quite a nasal voice and they managed some how to amplify this to pianful levels. Also the song was quite a bit more dirgey than what they do now. I really dont have the words to describe how much it grated..... So I became a slightly begrudging fan when I heard their debut album sounding the business.

Kiss Rulz!!
scott

Postby walding » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:51 pm

scott wrote:Kiss Rulz!!

aaah a fellow 'army' member. i love kiss, have since i was a little kid. there is something about a band like that when you're young that really gets the imagination going, not to mention that the earlier records sounded nice and aggressive!

'dynasty' may not have been a good choice rick. :)

the sound of the kiss symphony dvd is rather impressive. they have a new dvd out in december shot in high definition of the last tour here - three feet from the band at the enmore theatre was special. i actually preferred the fanclub gig to the arena spectacle, kind of gives you a good idea of how kiss are without the flashbombs.

scott wrote:Worst thing I eeeeveer Heard on the radio was the first single from Evermore!

i second that. i saw them open for the dandy warhols. they were horrible. their stuff gets a bit samey after a while, but hey, good luck to them.
walding
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Previous

Return to The Turtlerock Forum