Melbourne amp fest

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Melbourne amp fest

Postby Simon B » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:06 am

Hi all,

Just letting anyone that is interested know that I am having a non commercial get together showing off different amps, people just bring their own setup or come by to see what amps are here. there will be a couple of aussie amps and and a few makers as well
It will be in Bentleigh the first weekend of april. With no frankston guitar fest this year I figuered have a socail get together and come and see amps, and have a listen or a play and a chat over a couple of drinks and just see what happens

if people want to know where it is just send me a pm or an email and I will give exact instructions

Cheers
Simon
Simon B
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Melbourne amp fest

Postby templar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:25 pm

Simon B wrote:Hi all,

Just letting anyone that is interested know that I am having a non commercial get together showing off different amps, people just bring their own setup or come by to see what amps are here. there will be a couple of aussie amps and and a few makers as well

hey simon,

How did the weekend go? Any surprises?

Did anyone bring along a Marshall 18watt?
templar

Postby Simon B » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:38 am

Hi Templar.....
unfortunatley there were no 18watters, but still some very nice amps though.
I was really happy with the weekend.......

There was some very nice amps here........ some suprises include...... Mesa have an amp with a good clean channel...... I just thought it was an urban myth. the lone star specail by mesa is a very nice amp......
there was a mojave..... awesome amp..... a few more mesa's all different, a woogie from frank at custom audio in south australia. that thing is louder then my marshall super lead 100w..... not my kinda amp though. also a THD. as well as a peavey studio 50 and for me the highlight of the weekend was the ledford amp...... that thing has an awesome sound..... hand made in sydney........ It is more of a live amp then studio amp...... it is a high gain amp, but I love the sound of it and I recomend anyone in sydney near stage door produtions to check one out
Might not be everyones cup of tea...... but god damn I love the tone of it, and for the price it is the cheapest hand made amp I know of.

check em out at http://www.ledfordamps.com/

other things that came out of the weekend......... tim lovell makes some really nice guitars in north melbourne as well as some nice effects.....

and Labros at achillies amps makes some really really awesome cabs......

I was really happy with the turn out. I am thinking of holding an other one later in the year close to summer. at a pub..... maybe with a live rythm section.......... and hopefully tim from labsystems and dale from sherlock amps will be there.....
see what happens.

Any person in or around sydney wanting to check out something similar....... pete reynolds from reynolds valveart originally came up with the idea a few years ago and will be holding one in windsor. late july.... for further details contact river music in windsor or check out

http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion ... pic=1786.0
Simon B
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Return to The Turtlerock Forum