EMAILING AUDIO FILES

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

EMAILING AUDIO FILES

Postby everglass » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:51 pm

Hi All,

I wonder if someone might be able to offer some advice on sending audio files by email.

I have a mix of a song I am doing for a client and I would like to email him the mix (he is interstate). When I upload the song in my computer the file comes in at around 4mb. For some reason whenever I try to send a file that size, my server rejects it - I am on optusnet braodband.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should my server be able to handle this size file? Should I be data compressing the song? I tried importing the song into itunes and converting it to mp3 but the file is no smaller - in fact it was bigger?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. How do you guys email songs around?

Many thanks,

Everglass
everglass

Postby wez » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:58 pm

it's already 4MB? must be compressed/mp3'd already. you don't mean 40 MB do you?

i'm with optus broadband, and i've sent mp3s before... just checked and one was 4MB, no probs. perhaps it's the receiver's server rejecting it, hotmail/yahoo etc don't like big files.

but unless the song is only 25 seconds long, i'd say your file is already compressed in some way.

cheers, wez
wez
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Trent » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:11 pm

I use www.yousendit.com you upload the file and the client downloads it. this is a good way to get around email attachment size limits.
Trent

Return to The Turtlerock Forum