Help from those who live in Wagga Wagga

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Help from those who live in Wagga Wagga

Postby HA_DA_JA » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Concluded
Last edited by HA_DA_JA on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Smith
HA_DA_JA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Help from those who live in Wagga Wagga

Postby Vic » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:33 am

PM'd
Vic

Location: Birrego, Nsw (6 hours to Sydney, 4 hours to Melbourne)

Postby HA_DA_JA » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Concluded
Last edited by HA_DA_JA on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Smith
HA_DA_JA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby rick » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Sometimes life gets in the way and sometimes people are very poor communicators..

I dont know anything about this story , but i suggest if there is some communication happening there will be a solution
sometimes things are not occurring for other reasons then the obvious .

I am only interested in stepping in to give forum members a helping hand in cases where i know the parties involved .

which is a lot of us but at anyrate to date I do not know of ANY unsettled disputes on turtlerock in 15 years , sure there have ben a few long winded collections , myself included .

As I said sometimes life does get in the way , lets hope this sorts out and stays civil .

Kris when you read this can you give me a buzz and see if there is anything i can do for you to get your side of the tale solved .
Rick O'Neil
I think we went to different schools together
turtlerockmastering.com
we listen
rick

Postby HA_DA_JA » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:57 pm

Concluded
Last edited by HA_DA_JA on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Smith
HA_DA_JA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Bent my VU » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Was the mic sold to you with a warranty?

Probably best to edit out his contact details from the OP - his name is enough.
Michael T
Bent my VU

Postby HA_DA_JA » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:22 pm

I am of the opinion that I shall leave it as it is until a resolution has been reached.
The mic was not sold in as is condition. There is always a legal expectation that a product sold must be functional unless stated at the time of sale. This was not the case.
I certainly am open to changing my opinion or if Rick chooses to change any information in this thread.
My thoughts are to delete the the information once a positive outcome has been met.

Thank you to the many who have contacted me about this.. You shall not be forgotten. And if anyone can further assist us then your help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Dale Smith
HA_DA_JA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Senad » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:47 pm

I have been sold pieces of gear that arrived literally in pieces ($2.5k piece),
Things that were in one piece, but never worked as they should until I paid for the repairs myself,
but I just realized that with some personalities it is not worth the stress and time.
Probably too soft, but I just don't have the energy.
However, I will not buy another bit of gear untested, posted uninsured etc..
I think it might have been you, Dale that asked me who the person was that sold me a dodgy 500 series module and I sent you his name in a PM, but I don't think I could just call them out in public.
I might be wrong, and this is probably not something people, who do well in life, would react like, but that's just me.
There are dodgy audio guys out there, no question, but please be careful and test, insure etc.. everything you buy.
Good luck with the dispute.
Senad Mu ja gic
Senad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby gigpiglet » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 pm

there are dodgy people in all industries
fortunately the audio one in australia
i (like others) have my grievances with people, but choose carefully when to air them
having said that - one of the reasons this forum is cool, and why all of us who use it love it, is that there is a sense of "a group" or "a family"
and no one in that group should be ripping anyone off.
as rick has posted previously.

if i knew the people involved personally - id jump in and try to solve it - but alas in this case i do not..
Gareth Stuckey
gigpiglet productions:presents:recordings
gigpiglet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby gigpiglet » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:31 pm

you should be able to find that on google mate.
dont really think this is the place for it.
Gareth Stuckey
gigpiglet productions:presents:recordings
gigpiglet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby rick » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:00 pm

actually Dale , I have had enough of this , so i have deleted your last two posts and edited out the stuff that will get you sued .

I think you have made your point ,

I try and have us all hold each other to account

I think your case is strong enough as is .. but its only your side , it not the first dispute that has come to me about things you have bought and were not happy with so I must assume the other side of the story is at least the other side of the story , your posts on face book make it sound like your 2nd hand gear disputes are common in your world ..?

If you posted up my new place of work like you have .. whatever the dispute amount was I would take you to court and wipe you out ! ... you just can not do that stuff .. and you certainly cannot do it here .

Its not my intention for the forum to get wiped out on this issue !!

It sounds to me like you should be bidding your time or heading to court , or if its really important taking a drive to wagga .

hell when I had a $50 sale here the other day two guys got in their car and drove up from melbourne same day !!

So all in all thats enough of this you have made your point .. take it outside please
Rick O'Neil
turtlerockmastering.com
we listen
rick

Postby Bent my VU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:28 pm

Senad wrote:I think it might have been you, Dale that asked me who the person was that sold me a dodgy 500 series module and I sent you his name in a PM, but I don't think I could just call them out in public.

I hope you're not referring to those 500 modules and rack you bought from me.
Michael T
Bent my VU

Postby The Tasmanian » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:48 am

This forum is special - we support & look after each other in many ways.
I personally don’t like Rick having to clean up peoples messy transactions/posts - like a school teacher.
Just because we purchase something through the for sale posts, does not mean Rick - or the forum are responsible to mediate anything gone ugly.
But on the flip side, we are mostly all here as a team to help each other when needed.

Obviously people really get the sh!ts when they are endlessly stuffed around - and I totally understand Dale’s boiling frustrations, but much care needs to be taken in how these messes are communicated & cleaned up.
(Keep it professional)

Once again > thanks Rick for this great forum.
C h r i z t o w n o
The Tasmanian
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Senad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Bent my VU wrote:
Senad wrote:I think it might have been you, Dale that asked me who the person was that sold me a dodgy 500 series module and I sent you his name in a PM, but I don't think I could just call them out in public.

I hope you're not referring to those 500 modules and rack you bought from me.

Oh...I've missed this post and just replied to your PM to me.
No, I didn't mean you, and I really can't remember buying any modules from you :-\

Sorry mate.
Senad Mu ja gic
Senad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bent my VU » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Cheers, Senad.

I vaguely remember you saying something about a noise in the phantom power on a Buzz Audio pre which ended up being a factory fault that Tim said he would fix. I was a little worried you thought I tried to sell you a dodgy module knowing about that at the time.

Thanks for letting me know.
Michael T
Bent my VU

Postby Senad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:49 pm

Bent my VU wrote:Cheers, Senad.

I vaguely remember you saying something about a noise in the phantom power on a Buzz Audio pre which ended up being a factory fault that Tim said he would fix. I was a little worried you thought I tried to sell you a dodgy module knowing about that at the time.

Thanks for letting me know.

Ohh man... Really sorry I didn't remember you right away.
Geez, that was quite a few years ago I bought that, but I do remember now! Yes, that had nothing to do with you and I never thought you did a wrong thing by me. I hope I never came across like that... I remember just asking you if you had any issues with it and i think you said you didn't.
That thing would only buzz and hum in certain spots in the room, so it was clearly an interference issue. When i told Tim about it, he offered to have a look and fixed it.

Cheers
Senad Mu ja gic
Senad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby HA_DA_JA » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:56 pm

Well I would like to thanks Gian for his help Mark for his help Dave for his help. I would like to thank Simon for his help. I would like to thank Tim for his help. And all the others who had a direct and an indirect hand in this.
I finally got the mic back today. Although Kris could not fix all the problems it is good to get it back.
There was at least 6 people who without there direct help this would have never been solved. And there was numerous others who jumped on board and via social media we came out with a very positive result in the end.
I am now happy to spend some more time and $$ and get it to a tech who can bring it back to life the way it should be.
I thank all involved and in order to show my appreciation I would love to make a $200 donation to the charity of Ricks choice for helping me to sort this out.

So Rick let me know which one floats your boat and in the month of May I will make this happen.
Cheers to all .
Dale Smith
HA_DA_JA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby rick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Anything that helps sick kids families is always a good bet .

So to be clear you have the Mic back with you ..and however it was done the war is over between you two ..?

Goodo ,

I personally have a soft spot for wagga , even if it is only because its the dumbest town name in the country .
Rick O'Neil
turtlerockmastering.com
we listen
rick

Postby HA_DA_JA » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Camp Quality Has 5 x Family Support Programs. I think Camp Quality meets your criteria. It has 5 specific Family Support Programs.
I will direct the funds to this.
http://www.campquality.org.au/public/home.aspx
Our Family Support Programs improve a family's quality of life through practical support, tailored to their needs at each stage throughout their cancer journey.

Connect Care
When you join Camp Quality you'll meet a member of the Family Support Team. They visit paediatric oncology wards across the country, getting to know families. The team organises special hospital-based activities to help families connect in the ward, access programs during treatment and remain a contact point as you transition back home, taking part in regional clinic days. They also help connect families to other cancer support organisations for further support.

Domestic Support
Our professional home cleaning service is designed for newly diagnosed families, families who have a child relapse and families on palliative care.

Holiday Respite

Cancer affects every family differently. Stress-free time out together as a family away from home and hospital can make a huge difference. A holiday respite week or weekend is something we can organise for families in great need of time out together.

Family Experiences

Thanks to the generosity of our community partners, there are times when we receive tickets to local sporting events, concerts, movies and festivals to pass on to families. Our Recreation Team distribute these as the opportunities come up.

Financial Support

When a family is in serious financial difficulty, financial support may be provided through Hospital Social Workers. This is not offered to families directly.

Thanks Donation has been done. Thanks guys for all your help.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dale Smith
HA_DA_JA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby rick » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Good to see good stuff come from bad stuff here on the forum
Rick O'Neil
turtlerockmastering.com
we listen
rick

Postby Enchilada » Wed May 13, 2015 8:43 pm

First thing's first. Dale, I asked you to promptly return the microphone to me becuase I was about to start a masters degree while working full-time and I gave you fair warning that I would be largely unavailable once I started. It took some time for you to return the mic to me after I originally posted it.

Secondly, the only real issue with the microphone was that the tube was damaged in transit. I popped in a new one and it worked just fine.

Thirdly, the only remaining "issue" is the volume/tone difference between the front and back of the capsule. The capsule in this microphone was hand made by Tim Campbell. A capsule that is known for differences between the front and back of the capsule. If you want a microphone with a perfectly matched front and back plate, buy a Rode. I did not find the difference to be unsatisfactory. When I returned the mic it sounded great to me and all polar patterns were working as they should.

Fourth, social media or any other party had nothing to do with the resolution. I had a month with an early exam and had a couple of days break where I was able to take some time to troubleshoot the mic. I deleted my Facebook account ages ago.

And lastly, thanks for posting my private information online. You will be hearing from my solicitor.

That is all.
Kris O'Sullivan
Fat Wombat Productions
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Enchilada

Postby rick » Wed May 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Now before I wade in here again
Let me state I have a brother in intensive care tonight

I am locking this thread

I was just about to delete it but now kris has finally had his reply
I think I will leave it locked for a time .
Rick O'Neil
turtlerockmastering.com
we listen
rick

Return to The Turtlerock Forum