lemme welcome our new moderator

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett, gigpiglet

lemme welcome our new moderator

Postby rick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 pm

just to clue you in for those who dont know what the gigpiglet is
I have known gareth stuckley for years about the traps he appears and disapears for intervals like all the good live guys do Since the mid-nineties when he was learning the pub scene mixing then new bands Grinspoon, Frenzal Rhomb, Dianna ahnaid and the Simpletons; Gareth has been immersed in sound on a daily basis. Once labeled the “gigpiglet” by Machine Gun Fellatio in 1999, Gareth has become a household name as an Engineer and Production Manager in the Australian music industry.
If you havent run into him yet i think it might be you not him ..!

He was formally Production Manager of the Day On The Green festival, overseeing more than a hundred shows around the country, dealing with artists as diverse as Jimmy Barnes, Lionel Ritchie, Chris Isaak and Crosby Stills and Nash.
He is currently Tour Co-Ordinator for Civil Society/ Handsome, looking after acts such as The XX, Pink Martini, Sia, Death Cab for Cutie, Patrick Watson, The National and the many more.

He is long time Front of House Engineer and Tour Manager for Tim Finn  and Brooke Fraser and he’s done the same thing for bands such as george, Alex Lloyd, and Thirsty Merc. For seven years he held arguably the most difficult and dangerous job in Australian music: Front of House and Tour Manager for Machine Gun Fellatio.

He regularly speaks about live sound at events such as the WAMi’s, Entech and Integrate, and is a regular contributor to Audio Technology Magazine.
He has his own studio and his own label with a rooster of artists an opinion on everything and he is mostly always right ..I think I even saw him setting up his own rental stuff at a big wig record company launch one time so he is not afraid to work with the workers to turn a buck as well
And He is now the moderator of the Live Sound Forum here at Turtlerock !
where is it all going to stop ?

oh yeah he is what I like to call
one of the good guys :)

For further info see:
 www.gigpiglet.com.au or www.facebook.com/gigpiglet
Rick O'Neil
I think we went to different schools together
turtlerockmastering.com
we listen
rick

Return to Live Sound Forum