For Sale Clones -1176 Comp, Bees Neez Mic, JLM/API preamps

This is the place to advertise gear YOU OWN that's for sale, for hire or gear you'd like to own.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

For Sale Clones -1176 Comp, Bees Neez Mic, JLM/API preamps

Postby deuce42 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi guys, I’ve rarely used this forum and am hoping to sell off some of my own gear. Sadly I need to depart with these pieces since my partner is pushing me to turn the studio room into a new baby room! I believe in good faith that these pieces are a very good deal and I’ve put a lot of work and diligence into them. I had hoped to start my own business undertaking recording gear repairs and mods for people but realized the market wasn’t large enough for me to embark on a commercial endeavor. These items here are all things that I’ve recorded with. As this board only allows for 5 photos, by all means contact me if you'd like more photos.

JLM Audio BA2 Rack 2 Channel Mic Preamp $390

2 independent channels of JLM Baby Animals with OPA op amps. Clean sounding and accurate. The OPA op amps are more transparent and less vintage than more traditional old school preamps.
IMG_2710.JPG

JLM Audio BA2 Rack – 2 Channel Mic Preamp – API 312! $600 SOLD

This one is a beauty if I do say so.

One channel has an original API 2520 op amp in it (i.e. straight from a vintage API desk) and the circuit been built to almost exact specs for an API 312. It has a Cinemag input transformer that is intended to be used as a direct 312 replacement and has an Ed Anderson output transformer intended to be used as a 312 output transformer replacement.

The second channel is signature JLM audio with its own 99v op amp and JLM input and output transformers.

Accordingly, this preamp has two distinct flavours that can be used for a great two input recording. I’ve used one mic on vocals and another mic simultaneously (both in figure 8 patterns if you’re interested) to get a truly great tone.

Both channels have DI inputs as well as XLR’s.

IMG_2715.JPG

Bees Neez Arabella Studio Series Valve Modded Microphone $550

This mic is a Bees Neez Studio Series Arabella valve microphone in a generic mic body and power supply. Ben Sneesby sold me his capsule, valve, cinemag transformer and circuit board for me to insert into an existing mic body. This means that other than the mic body itself, it’s the exact Bees Neez Arabella Studio Series. If you consider the price of the Studio Series Arabella, I feel this is a great deal.

Comes with a nice wooden box, and includes the shockmount, cable and power supply.

IMG_2725.JPG

1176 Blackface Compressor Clone $550

This is a revision F/G clone 1176. An 1176 is pretty self -explanatory I guess. Turn it on, select ratio, tune to taste and it does what an 1176 is supposed to do. This one only has a paper/clear contact panel added over the front of the faceplate. It’s not the most professional aesthetic faceplate job but I think looks ok for what it is. Circuit works absolutely perfectly. For the price it’s a great deal as well I feel.

IMG_2741.JPG

API module for parts - $50 SOLD

This may be useful for anyone needing parts. Has original output transformers and cables etc.

IMG_2769.JPG

If you’ve got any questions please by all means contact me. Thanks for looking.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by deuce42 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Richard G
deuce42

Re: For Sale Clones -1176 Comp, Bees Neez Mic, JLM/API pream

Postby Paul Maybury » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi, any pics of the back of the API module, so we see the transformers etc?
Paul
Paul Maybury
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Lachie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:43 pm

PMd
Lachlan Vercoe
player and recorder of and in bands.
Lachie

Postby deuce42 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm sorry guys the API module has been sold and the second JLM preamp is gone as well.

Thanks
Richard G
deuce42

Return to For Sale / For Hire / Gear Wanted