pcb mount tube sockets?

Are you building something? Share your resources with the locals - for more in depth D.I.Y. head to The Lab

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

pcb mount tube sockets?

Postby mfdu » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:02 am

ok ok - so i thought i had everything ready to go for the LA2A build.

got VU's, trannies, t4b cells and matched tubes.

what am i missing?
6 x 12ax7 tube sockets (pcb mount)
2 x baq5a tube sockets (pcb mount)
2 x octal relay sockets (pcb mount)

anyone able to help out? been hunting but i can't find a 'normal' supplier . . .

chris
mfdu
mfdu
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barney Loveland » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:25 am

I have some 9 pin supposedly pcb mount but had to get a little Macgyver on them and put a cut in the flange and bend it together for my G9 build.
Barney Loveland
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mfdu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:23 am

hey Barney (you haven't seen any of Fabio's DOA's yet either, have ya?)

i have no problems getting a little commando on their asses. but i am after 6 nine-pin sockets - if you don't have that many, i'll pass on your very kind offer and get the lot from a supplier. http://www.evatco.com.au/ looks like a go-er.

but have you seen the price of the power transformers for an LA2A? 250-0-250 40Ma CT / 6.3 2a CT - $160 AUD each.

this build just keeps getting sidelined. i gotta re-skin the drumkit before i can order the PSU trannies.

money don't grow on tree's.

chris.
mfdu
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barney Loveland » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:32 pm

Hey Chris,
No 2520's yet, i have a 4 channel box of cinemag in/out trannys and BA boards waiting for their DOA. I'm not going to press the panic button just yet.

I've thought about the LA2A but have a few other things i should really finish. My G9 is very close. and this morning finished drilling the front panel for my SSL all bare a little filling to fit the meter.

Have dealt with evatco before and they are cool.

We really should have that diy hang/listen sess.

BL
Barney Loveland
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mfdu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:57 pm

yeah - i'm holding off on BA's until i have the current crop of stuff finished, so the DOA delay hasn't been too bad. i've also been holding off having a catchup until i get the current stuff finished.

my g-ssl has always bored me. maybe i broke it. . . maybe it needs output transformers? thats pretty much a cure-all now, huh? :)

and i'm glad to hear evatco are ok to deal with, since i'll be spending some money there.

anyway, i've been having a lovely tinker with the patchbays, fixing a few faults. tinkering.

but it looks like noone has any tube sockets up their sleeves. shame.

chris
mfdu
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to D.I.Y.