Great site for DIY Control panels & traps..

Are you building something? Share your resources with the locals - for more in depth D.I.Y. head to The Lab

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Great site for DIY Control panels & traps..

Postby TimS » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:20 pm

I've been looking at doing some freq control to my small home studio for some time.
I've spent a bit of time trawling the net looking for good but not expensive DIY traps and panels and came across this site posted on the DUC, so thought for those who might be interested (home studio guys), you might want to check it out.

A great site for DIY Broadband Absorber Panels and Corner Bass Traps.
http://www.runet.edu/~shelm/acoustics/bass-traps.html
Tim..
TimS
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby rick » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:33 am

sure that will work , it all looks good, and good use of materials

the trick is and it always has been , no matter how many you build no matter how much you spend , be prepared to take them down or move them around or modify them if they do not sound great straight away .

its hard tocommitt to make those make the changes quickly after you have spent a whole lot of effort building them , but bass traps have killed more rooms then they ever fixed so , do a "bit " at a time .

you cannot actually trap sound , its too clever , but you can tell it to go and sit in the corner for a while :)
rick

Postby TimS » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:01 pm

rick wrote:sure that will work , it all looks good, and good use of materials

the trick is and it always has been , no matter how many you build no matter how much you spend , be prepared to take them down or move them around or modify them if they do not sound great straight away .

its hard tocommitt to make those make the changes quickly after you have spent a whole lot of effort building them , but bass traps have killed more rooms then they ever fixed so , do a "bit " at a time .

I was thinking of using the same manufacturing concept this fellow has used, but have them on base-plated stands or feet so that I can move them around into appropriate positioning..
I would only need a few (3-4) possibly and I could use them to help isolate some instruments if needed..
I just thought the design was really good (for the price)..

you cannot actually trap sound , its too clever , but you can tell it to go and sit in the corner for a while :)

how true.. wise words..

I'm off to to see Nic (Aearth) next week so hopefully I'll gain (excuse the pun) some ideas from his studio as well..
T..
TimS
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Return to D.I.Y.