DIY mic capsules.....maybe

Are you building something? Share your resources with the locals - for more in depth D.I.Y. head to The Lab

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

DIY mic capsules.....maybe

Postby Ausrock » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:30 am

Is anyone into DIY'ing the G7 mic or similar?

I have a pair of dual diaphragm, centre terminated capsules w/- mounting posts that are still in the packing I received them in a few years ago. They came from an early group buy which from memory was sourced from Soundking, unfortunately, I don't recall the original costs involved however, a search on the www shows that the mounting posts are selling o/seas for in excess of $20, so at this stage, I'm attempting to workout a fair price for the capsules...............or I may be open to sensible offers.

ChrisO
Ausrock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chris H » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:31 am

Chris, What make are the capsules?
Chris H
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Postby Ausrock » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:12 am

Chris,

As stated above, they were sourced from Soundking in China which at the time was virtually the only source for capsules than weren't going to cost an arm and a leg. This was before Peluso jumped on the bandwagon, I'm pretty sure he is sourcing at least his metalwork from the same place..........I must have another look at the pics on his site and compare to the caps that I have here.

The other thing is that I think that S/king may have stopped selling capsules as I haven't found any references to them on their current listings......maybe Peluso has an exclusive arrangement.

ChrisO
Ausrock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to D.I.Y.