On the subject of contact cleaner...

Are you building something? Share your resources with the locals - for more in depth D.I.Y. head to The Lab

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

On the subject of contact cleaner...

Postby Thirteen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Does anyone have suggestions for carbon track pots? Deoxit Faderlube is designed for plastic tracks, most shops seem to use it for carbon tracks but I have never found a cleaner/lube designed specifically for carbon pots so I tend to remove and dismantle them to clean them manually rather than just spraying them but sometimes that's not practical.
Steve Jones
Thirteen
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Re: On the subject of contact cleaner...

Postby wez » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Hey Steve, I've had really spectacular results with Faderlube on Omeg carbon pots. Any pots that it hasn't fixed are beyond repair in my experience.
wez prictor
composure music
http://www.composuremusic.com.au/

Australian importer of Crumar Mojo keyboards & accessories. Vintage keyboard fetishist.
wez
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: On the subject of contact cleaner...

Postby rob » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Faderlube on all pots. If they are capable of responding to cleaner this will do it.

I also use EML 200F which is a lubricating contact cleaner with a lot of success on pots and switches. If you have to have one $10 can that will deal with most situations, this is it, Available from WES.

but like many things there are different products that are better or worse in different situations. Choose the right tool for the job...
rob
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Return to D.I.Y.