First post (g'day!)

Moderators: Thirteen, rick, Mark Bassett

First post (g'day!)

Postby rachelp » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:47 am

Hi everyone,
I got an invite to here from thirteen, who suggested I drop in, since I am a bit of an analogue fiend!

I'm only really a hobby musician these days, but somehow started out
in the 80's with a few analogue synths and now have a bit of a collection,
that finally has a permanent home, so I am hoping now to really get back into it.

I'm a bit in awe of some of the people on here, who'm I've
seen on other forums or referred to elsewhere, so
I hope I can add something! I'm using Logic and a lot of CV/Gate stuff (System 100)
and I sort of like merging the old tech with a computer and seeing what noises
come out, although I am probably not a very good musician, it is a lot of fun.....

Anyway, I got my login sorted now, so I will try and spend some time here
and hopefully not be too annoying ;)


rachel
rachelp
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:39 pm
Location: Western Sydney

Postby Ausrock » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:20 pm

Hey Rachel,

Welcome to Turtlerock. Let me take a guess that you have a Toft ATR-16.

ChrisO
User avatar
Ausrock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:56 am

Postby rachelp » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Ausrock wrote:Hey Rachel,

Welcome to Turtlerock. Let me take a guess that you have a Toft ATR-16.

ChrisO


Yep - ATB-16. I wish I had bought the 24 now, but I'll survive. It was last year's Christmas present, strangely
enough, but I only unboxed it a few months ago, since we moved house.

Are you the ausrock I bought a JP6 with Europa from? I know your alias from somewhere - The Internet makes the world very small.


rachel
rachelp
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:39 pm
Location: Western Sydney

Postby Ausrock » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:31 pm

"Are you the ausrock I bought a JP6 with Europa from? I know your alias from somewhere .........."

No, but we've communicated at the PMI forums ;-). I wouldn't mind a 32 channel but there's other priorities for any spare dollars so I just dream.

ChrisO

BTW, from memory, there's at least four Chriss here on T/rock which can be confusing until you get to know us.
User avatar
Ausrock
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:56 am

Postby rachelp » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:06 pm

Ausrock wrote:"Are you the ausrock I bought a JP6 with Europa from? I know your alias from somewhere .........."

No, but we've communicated at the PMI forums ;-). I wouldn't mind a 32 channel but there's other priorities for any spare dollars so I just dream.

ChrisO

BTW, from memory, there's at least four Chriss here on T/rock which can be confusing until you get to know us.


Ah - that's right! I only visit there occasionally now. My ATB is working great. I am not using all the features on it yet though. I only
got it because at the time, I had the money and the pilot program came up and I jumped in. No regrets
though, but now I have no money since we've bought a town house. At least Ihave my own
room for my little studio now. What I want for the ATB is the firewire board. Most people
seem to want them to do the meter bridge, but that can wait!

I am sure I'll get used to everyone's login here - there's a few names I recognise here.....


rachel
rachelp
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:39 pm
Location: Western Sydney

Postby NYMo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:05 am

Hi Rachel,

I think we are both MC 4b owners...no ??
(seen you on AH list !)

Cheers
N
Y
M
O
NYMo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 1:54 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland

Postby rachelp » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:30 am

NYMo wrote:Hi Rachel,

I think we are both MC 4b owners...no ??
(seen you on AH list !)

Cheers
N
Y
M
O



I've actually got an MC-8 but do not have the connector cable for the output module.
My plan is to eventually get it restored and fully operational again, so I can drive my
System 100 with it! It seems to work on the CPU side, but it's a little flakey,

The MC8 is a lot bigger than the MC4, but not as powerful in many respects....


rachel
rachelp
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:39 pm
Location: Western Sydney

Welcome!

Postby HA_DA_JA » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:30 am

Hey welcome to the forum. I think I remember you as well. I asked how you were going with your ATB16. The internet is a small place. I used to to think that companies like A designs Speck and Avedis were large becuase you read about their products everywhere but they are only small joints like JLM audio, which makes buying there products so much more enjoyable cause you are helping the little man and getting a great product.
I just read this back and realisedit sounds like an advertising slogan - it is not meant to be as I dont make anythign. I have a hard enought time time just trying to make enough money to survive.
Congrats on the town house, buying a place is such a great idea. We bought our first house 1 1/2 years ago in Brisbane before the latest prise rises happened. Where did you buy?
Cheers
Dale
User avatar
HA_DA_JA
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Welcome!

Postby rachelp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:33 pm

HA_DA_JA wrote:Hey welcome to the forum. I think I remember you as well. I asked how you were going with your ATB16. The internet is a small place. I used to to think that companies like A designs Speck and Avedis were large becuase you read about their products everywhere but they are only small joints like JLM audio, which makes buying there products so much more enjoyable cause you are helping the little man and getting a great product.
I just read this back and realisedit sounds like an advertising slogan - it is not meant to be as I dont make anythign. I have a hard enought time time just trying to make enough money to survive.
Congrats on the town house, buying a place is such a great idea. We bought our first house 1 1/2 years ago in Brisbane before the latest prise rises happened. Where did you buy?
Cheers
Dale


I am in the outer west of Sydney, which is pretty much a cultural desert if you don't have a car!


rachel
rachelp
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:39 pm
Location: Western Sydney


Return to Vintage Synth Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest