I hate this sort of thing

Moderators: Thirteen, rick, Mark Bassett

I hate this sort of thing

Postby rachelp » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Looking on ebay we have an item listed as:

Roland TB-303 Bassline by Syntecno (Rack TeeBee) RARE

Then the commentary:

I bought this a long time ago...well around 1998 . It's a Bassline Acid box by Syntecno( a Dutch company which made Analogue style gear for the Techno market back in the day). Very well made and extremely rare. Very FAT bass sound and in my opinion better than the Roland TB303 for fat appegio lines. Nice analogue sound which is difficult to get from Reason or Cubase etc. This ones for the purerists.!

It's a Mark 3 with Midi In /Midi Out /Syc/ Merge 1/Merge 2/ Audio In

The Sych funtion is so you can Sync to other analogue keyboards and Audio In is so you can plug in a guitar or bass for example and use the Tee Bee as the sound source.

It also has CV inputs and Gate inputs so you can control old analogue keyboards. Really great!

Saw/Square/Ring Modular/Analogue In

The Ring sounds like a Moog!

Ok, so it's not a "Roland TB-303" so do not advertise it as one.

Then he says it sounds better than a 303, so it can't possibly be anything like a Roland.

Then he says the ring-mod sounds like a Moog.

Excuse me?

I do not know why these sort of ebay posts irritate me, but they do!
They are not rare, either. I think there are several thousand of these, mostly in Europe and they're
made pretty much from off the shelf bits......

Anyway, there's my Friday rant.

My own music went down a hole this week, when my Mouse and computer keyboard decided to
inflict their own idea of tempo on the MIDI clock. Everytime I clicked the mouse in Logic, the tempo would stutter.
I could scroll the arrow keys on the keyboard up and down and make the clock stop and start randomly
and then I got that horrible MIDI burst of clanging notes I am sure you've all heard.
Before I got to the point of throwing my computer out the window to the ground floor in a satisfying crash,
I managed to solve it. My "Logic Control" substitute (a product with the B* word BCF-2000) decided
to clone it's config so that Logic now saw 2 of them attached instead of one. Once I realised, I
cleared the setup and reinitialised it so I am back to nice sync now. And finally getting
something that sounds like music!

rachel
rachelp

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Yes, that's right up there with the people who put a half dozen big names in their Ebay listing titles, such as "Kawai synth, sounds like Moog, ARP, Oberheim" to have their add show up in searches for those other items.

Glad you got your system going again, bad drivers are a real pain.
Thirteen
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Postby rachelp » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:13 pm

Thirteen wrote:Yes, that's right up there with the people who put a half dozen big names in their Ebay listing titles, such as "Kawai synth, sounds like Moog, ARP, Oberheim" to have their add show up in searches for those other items.

Glad you got your system going again, bad drivers are a real pain.

I'm really hanging out to see what that DAW sync gizmo Innerclocksystems is putting together. My Mac is usually quite stable, but sometimes it gets
in the way of things. Being able to control the clock somehow would be great.

rachel
rachelp

Return to Vintage Synth Forum