Analogue Bass Synth Duties

Moderators: Thirteen, rick, Mark Bassett

Analogue Bass Synth Duties

Postby Mazystar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi All ,I am on the hunt for a analogue synth for Bass duties. All i can say is that it is such a hard decision these days! I have checked out the standards Moog Voyager, Oberheim 2voice and 4 voice (Wow)!!!
Due to some changes these are just out of my reach from a monetary stand point. I have since checked out the se1x little and slim phatty's and analogue solutions leipzig s. It was all going well for me today as i had decided that i would pull the trigger on the AS Leipzig s. That was until i checked out the Sub Phatty and saw that the release date should see it landing in March sometime?

What are peoples thoughts on the Sub Phatty? please feel free to school me in the right direction. I currently have a Virus ti 2 and a Poly Evolver ( the poly rocks). I also have been offered a Roland Space Echo 201 for $550, is this worth picking up?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Sean
Sean Tobin
Mazystar

Re: Analogue Bass Synth Duties

Postby Futureman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Sub fatty looks cool.. 2 octave keyboard is a bit of a turn off tho.

Some cool bits of kit coming out.. Pity most revolve around a already done formula.. But cool none the less.

$550 for a 201 is ok. I'd try it out in person to ensure it's 100%
Mike de Vrees

Purveyor of old stuff
Futureman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Mazystar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:53 pm

tried the Roland Space echo out and of course needs some work! Very noisy and delay seems to be intermittent. Teh cost to bring it up to speck is apparently $300 tops, which included all new rollers, tape, what ever transistors need replacing and new bearings for the motor! So $550 turns into $850, worth it or walk on by? I am diggin the sounds of the minitaur and version 2 now means 100 patches can be saved to it as well as acting as a cv to midi converter.
Sean Tobin
Mazystar

Postby ChrisW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Cody at Equinoxoz was trying to sell a couple of nice space echoes a couple of months ago. Give him a call. he's knowledgeable about tape echo anyway.
Whitten
ChrisW
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Mazystar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks for the tip!
Sean Tobin
Mazystar

Return to Vintage Synth Forum