work experience help

A place to ask the basic questions, a place for students, newbies, and everyone else.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Re: work experience help

Postby snouta » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Oh awesome, will defiantly keep you in mind myles, is there anywhere i can see a list of what you have and cost? just so i have ideas of what i can get.

I will be damn sure to keep a very watchful eye on any gear i hire then, i know through random searching how much some of this stuff cost and would much rather buy it for myself rather then replace something i or the band i was recording damaged for someone else.
snouta

Postby mylesgm » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Kristian,
I dont have a list of gear or prices because I only do it for people I know or who are recommended/vouched for by others I know. If you are interested pm me and I'll let you know what I have that I hire. Dont expect me to be hiring out 1073's though...
Myles Mumford
Producer/Composer/Engineer/Sound Artist
Making records in sunny Melbourne

www.mylesmumford.com
mylesgm
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby snouta » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm

that makes sense, ill leave it for now and just start to get some business first i think before i really start looking into hiring out fancy gear as i think the first bands ill be doing will have no idea between a 1073 and a be!@#$%^& pre amp. But i will keep you in mind if they ever ask for better gear, thanks for the help
snouta

Postby snouta » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:39 am

ok need some help, i just bought a Presonus Digimax D8 from the States and now need to power it up, anyone know what kind of power transformer ill need? there are so many different rated ones like 200w or 300w and have no idea which to get.

thanks guys.
kristian
snouta

Postby Alistair » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:47 pm

According to the site, it needs-
Input Voltage (factory configured) 90 to 230 VAC
Power Requirements (Continuous) 20W

It's just on an IEC cable which means it has the power supply inbuilt. I would say most likely, there is a dip switch inside that you could switch to 230 volts and use here no problems, but I guess there's a small possibility it's hard wired one way- this is getting less and less common with modern equipment though.

Otherwise you'll need a stepdown transformer, it's only asking for 20w continuous so something small would be fine. I always try and at least double watts with stepdowns, but it's probably better to buy something bigger again so you can run more equipment of it if you end up with 110v stuff in the future.
Alistair McLean
Alistair
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby snouta » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:46 pm

hmm ill have to open it up and see if thats the case then i guess, if not a 200w power transformer would be fine then? as its the smallest rated i can find.

thanks for the help
snouta

Previous

Return to You've gotta start somewhere.