Is there a place to but Doepfer racks in Australia?

Moderators: Thirteen, rick, Mark Bassett

Is there a place to but Doepfer racks in Australia?

Postby Thirteen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 am

I have just built some Doepfer format modules, but I haven't a frame for them, does anyone know where the best place to buy them is? Are they a Eurorack size?
Thirteen
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Re: Is there a place to but Doepfer racks in Australia?

Postby rachelp » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Thirteen wrote:I have just built some Doepfer format modules, but I haven't a frame for them, does anyone know where the best place to buy them is? Are they a Eurorack size?

I tried to buy a Doepfer rack and some modules from the distributor in Australia, but they had not updated their price list in 3 or 4 years
and it didn't seem that it was a very good deal. I ended up getting a second hand rack )actually never used)
from a guy in Italy who sold it too me for a better price.

I still have the rack - it's empty at the moment of course. If you want to borrow it to test your modules, I am happy to lend it to you until I go module
mad myself.

It is Eurorack format, but the important bits are the buss bars and power. Mine has these fitted so it might handy for you to reverse engineer......

One of the guys in the US (I think it is Analouge Heaven) said he would sell Doepfer gear to me direct, because of the non-responsive Aussie
distributor.

rachel
rachelp

Postby Thirteen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Thanks Rachel I might come have a look at it and take a few photo's when I get your OscAr going.
Thirteen
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Postby no-fi » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:15 pm

I made my own DIY doepfer backplane for a standard eurorack once.

very simple... there really is nothing to reverse engineer - I got everything I needed (ie pinouts) from the A100 system manual - I actually used that really simple +/- linear PSU kit from jaycar, plus a piece of veroboard (with the plain stright lines on the back) as a backplane to solder the 8x2(I think thats what they were?) headers into. all up about 1/2 hours work.

the modules I was trying to test were just +/- 12V - though some modules also need a 5VDC supply... very few of them, but - the CV converter is one...
no-fi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Vintage Synth Forum