vinyl recomendations?

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

vinyl recomendations?

Postby Simon B » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:52 pm

because I am of the cd generation and to a degree have a less apreciation of just how awesome vinyll is I was wondering peoples thoughts on what some essential vinyl listening should be..... so far I have three..... dark side of the moon, sgt peppers..... and the third one I am intrigued by more then an essential would be tubular bells by mike oldfeild...... any other suggestions would be great.... now leeds to the problem..... I am finding it harder and harder to find vinyl I check out secnd hand shops... but I would like to aprciate the art work and origal mastering processing so I would like to find a place people recomend for buying vinyl....

I dont know I go through a phase once a month about completly absorbing myself in the music and not listening as much too technical details and just apreciating..

any help would be appreciated.
Simon B
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Kris » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Dick Smith Electronics at Warringah Mall carries a bunch of vinyl. Not sure it's from the original master or a newly created cd master but you could try it. Otherwise go around to your parents and their friends houses. I'm sure you'll find loads of vinyl there.
Kris

Postby Jason Dirckze » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:40 pm

www.gemm.com serves me well...
Jason Dirckze

Return to The Turtlerock Forum