Roland Juno 6 suggested ebay price

Moderators: Thirteen, rick, Mark Bassett

Roland Juno 6 suggested ebay price

Postby Gian » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi all, i have just acquired a Roland Juno 6 and have decided not to keep it.

I was wondering how much it is worth. I can add pictures, but just wanted an idea at first.

A lot of the little black covers off the sliders are missing as well as the cover off the volume control , the chorus II button doesnt stay down and the chorus off button is missing.

Everything else seems to work (as far as I can work out).
Gian Parodi
It's the first watt that counts
Gian
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Thirteen » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:12 pm

In the US they are going for around the $550.00 mark (US currency), in Australia I would imagine less, there is one on ebay now that is in it's second listing, but it is asking way too much at a starting price of $600 and a BIN of $800. With the cosmetic issues of yours I would guess (which is all you can do with ebay, it is so crazy), that it would be worth in the 400-550 range. I could be wrong though, Allan Greenspan was....
Steve Jones
Thirteen
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:04 pm

You could always pass it on to someone who would use it for what you got it for ;)
Kurt Neist
Chief cook and bottle washer - Metalworx
Kurt
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby rachelp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 am

Hmmm, this was my first poly synth all the way back when. I bought it from one of the "Party Girls" back in about 1984 or something and
I think it was worth about $600 back then. Mind you it was in great condition until I took it touring through the outback
and it got a lot of red bulldust in it. It still worked fine and I gave it to the local church organist to use and she was very happy
for it as I could only bring it or the PolySix back to Sydney.

Anyway, some people really like this synth and others think it is just average. I am in the latter category and still
do not think it is worth more than $400-$600 but it would need the missing bits replaced, really.

BTW, I used the Juno 6 to just about shake a Bondi tram to pieces when I lived in the outback.
I hooked it up to the PA and laid the speaker flat to the floor and got some brilliant subsonics
happening. I do not know if it was that that got me evicted or the fire or the incident with
the redback spiders, but the JU-6 does put out a huge sound in the wrong hands.

rachel
rachelp

Postby jkhuri44 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am

BTW, I used the Juno 6 to just about shake a Bondi tram to pieces when I lived in the outback.
I hooked it up to the PA and laid the speaker flat to the floor and got some brilliant subsonics
happening.

just the idea of that makes me salivate over that synth, rofl
Jamil Khuri
Amusement & Audio Engineer
"it's not awesome unless its 240bpm with distorted 909 kicks!"
jkhuri44
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Return to Vintage Synth Forum