Mono Evolver Keyboard?

Moderators: Thirteen, rick, Mark Bassett

Mono Evolver Keyboard?

Postby Cymatics » Tue May 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Not quite vintage by any stretch of the imagination :oops:

Is any one here familiar with it? I'd love to hear your 'review'.

I've been quite intrigued by it for a while and am thinking of buying one. It seems like it would be extremely versatile. I've already got some great analog monos so i'm not expecting it to be a moog or anything.

cheers!
Cymatics

Postby ChrisW » Thu May 13, 2010 12:31 pm

I can't help a great deal, but I have a friend in the UK who has the Poly version and LOVES it.
This is a guy who in the past has owned multiple very expensive synths like the Waldorf Wave, OB 4 Voice, MOTM and Serge modulars.
I saw one in Turramurra Music last week if you want to demo it - think it was the poly keyboard.
Whitten
ChrisW
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby lonearranger » Thu May 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Allans in Sydney City store had the keyboard version the other day, if that's of any use to you. Sitting right next to a little phatty.
Michael Luchich
Alternation.com.au
Walcha NSW
lonearranger

Postby Cymatics » Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up guys! I might go check out Allan's today.
Cymatics

Postby justmull » Thu May 20, 2010 11:00 pm

I've owned a desktop evolver since they came out and they are an amazing synth for the price. They can do so many great things and if you look at the manual or read the definitive evolver guide you'll see what I mean. I almost dropped the money for a kb version recently but figured i'd wait for the pot edition to come out since I know I'd prefer it. Apparently a pot upgrade is in the works, I asked them directly. I ended up borrowing a cs-05 and also getting a Juno 106 and alpha instead to satisfy my key lust for the time being! But none of them beat the evolver sound - i just haven't got the time to have fun with the desktop at the moment.
justmull

Return to Vintage Synth Forum