Akai MPC users roll call.

Moderators: Thirteen, rick, Mark Bassett

Akai MPC users roll call.

Postby Thirteen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Just about to put some new pad sensors into my Akai MPC5000 as I continue my quest to move away from doing so much music in DAW's. I would be curious to know which Turtlerockers own or use MPC's, what you use them for, and which one you have.
Steve Jones
Thirteen
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Re: Akai MPC users roll call.

Postby Futureman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:53 pm

MPC1000 with JJOSXL. Love it... love it... love it..

JJOSXL gives me everything I want and more.. Nondestructive Chop is the best thing ever, and the new "Pack" file system is a godsend for moving stuff around.
The fact that mines got a 128Gb HD and 128Mb ram pretty much has me covered rather nicely.

Nothing to complain about the 1k.. it's a bit smaller, but that suits me fine. it's only got 6 individual outs.. thats cool too.
Mike de Vrees

Purveyor of old stuff
Futureman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby no-fi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 pm

A beat up 2000xl, had since new, many years now. upgraded outs and fx & flash card reader.
love it for drum programming and have had good luck sequencing whole things with it in the past. keep it because it's not worth anything to sell, also because I spent a lot of time with it and would miss it if it was gone, also for compatibility with my music partner. we use one as a core part of our live set lately.

An mpc3000 with vailixi OS and a flash card reader, had for a year and a half or so now. less features than the 2000xl, but just feels really solid, and programming on it just makes me happier. prefer to use it over the 2000xl, but harder to transfer work because my music partner doesn't have one. I wish he'd get one!
My name is Julian Higginson and I approve of this message.
no-fi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Thirteen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 am

I do miss the solid feel of the earlier MPC's like the 3000, the 5000 is so powerful, but feels like it's made by Vestax.
Steve Jones
Thirteen
TRM Endorsed
TRM Endorsed

Postby Nigel99 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Im having a love affair with the 60 lately...
Nigel Cruickshank
Magician. Turns money into old junk.
Nigel99

Postby we88 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 am

started with a MPC 2500 with JJOS but have downsized to 1K with the same OS. The only thing it really lacks against the bigger version is the 10 outs but this hasn't bothered me one bit and the smaller size for gigging has been a major bonus.

I toyed with doing gigs with other sequencers - mainly with the Monomachine that I quite dig - but I can't see myself saying completely goodbye to the MPC. Also we're writing more and more tracks with it and only going to the computer to hit record.
Lindsay Webb

www.actualrussianbrides.com
we88

Return to Vintage Synth Forum