Protools Upgrade Mavericks OS

A place to ask the basic questions, a place for students, newbies, and everyone else.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Protools Upgrade Mavericks OS

Postby Vic » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Oh dear,

I thought I would just quickly install Protools 9 into our new iMac running Mavericks.

Hahaha.
Many hours and much learning later.

Is my Aurora compatible?
Can I upgrade Protools 9 to Protools 11
Is Waves compatible
Does ANYTHING work with Mavericks
What are my Waves login details
What are my protools log in details.
What do you mean you have to PURCHASE protools technical assistance !!!!
What is an aax
hahaha.

Two machines running at the moment both doing various upgrades of plugs, audio software etc etc etc.

And while I am waiting, I have poured myself a quiet gin.

Earlier today I whippersnippered nearly an acre of land. That was MUCH more fun.

V

P.S - The Imac was bought in a desperate moment to complete a video project but now is destined to be the audio studio computer, otherwise I would have done all this research in the beginning.
Vic

Location: Birrego, Nsw (6 hours to Sydney, 4 hours to Melbourne)

Re: Protools Upgrade Mavericks OS

Postby Drumstruck » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:50 am

I empathise with you Vic - hate computers with a passion :-l . A system image is always a good idea in case you need to roll back, and upgrading one machine before you start on the other is prudent.....

Yes you can upgrade PT9 to PT11 - I think it was a few hundred to go down that path - I looked at it but there were no real advantages (to me) and there were a few disadvantages, so I've stuck with PT9.

I've heard that it runs ok on Maverick with some AD/DAs.....

As a comparison, I'm upgrading EastWest pianos from gold to platinum (35 DVDs.....) - yesterday I drove to Sydney and back (7 hrs return) and it's still only half way through the upgrade...... never again - I'm gonna buy them on HD in future.

luck
Ian Dare
Drumstruck
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Protools Upgrade Mavericks OS

Postby Vic » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks Ian,

It's finally done, Protools updates, waves plug in's updates to AXX, Ilok configured properly. and all seems to be running smoothly.

I am going to wait a couple of days until I attempt the same with Ableton Live and Adobe Audition.

I went through similar trying to get After Effects to work with Mavericks recently too, but slowly, all is getting going.

Vic
Vic

Location: Birrego, Nsw (6 hours to Sydney, 4 hours to Melbourne)

Return to You've gotta start somewhere.