Jobs in Melb - anything going?

An audio community like no other.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Jobs in Melb - anything going?

Postby rightintheface » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:46 am

Fellas,
>First of all, hope this is ok to put this up Rick, otherwise feel free to take it down.<

I'm looking for a spot of audio-related work in melbourne (inner north) - doing my best not to go back to gardening/labour work.
My main gig is lecturing music 3 days a week at AIM so not looking for full time, just need a bit extra to fill the coffers in prep for baby no. 1.
Basic background: Honours Deg. in music comp/production (currently studying masters), proficient in Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton, Maschine, also teach guitar/vocals/synthesis/programming, can do live sound, roadie work, etc. Worked as a guitar tech for 3 years here in melbs, also have retail experience both in music stores and regular retail.

To be honest I'm pretty flexible with whatever task, just looking for 1-2 days a week to keep the bills at bay.
If anyone knows of anything going or wants to talk more, please hit me up!

Mitch
Mitch Catterall
Down The Rabbit Hole
rightintheface

Re: Jobs in Melb - anything going?

Postby walding » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Are you familiar with live digital desks?
Mark Ludwig

SHould of been a drummer
walding
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby rightintheface » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Hey Mark,
I've never manned a digi desk but have been around a lot of them. I'm pretty tech savvy so no doubt could pick it up very quickly after a quick rundown.
Mitch Catterall
Down The Rabbit Hole
rightintheface

Postby walding » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:36 am

rightintheface wrote:Hey Mark,
I've never manned a digi desk but have been around a lot of them. I'm pretty tech savvy so no doubt could pick it up very quickly after a quick rundown.

Hey Mitch...I don't doubt that you are a quick learner, but in many cases you need to at least have an understanding and be quick.

In saying that though, PM your number and if something comes up I'll let you know.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Ludwig

SHould of been a drummer
walding
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Drumstruck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:44 am

fwiw + 1 on Mark's comments - once in the digital domain you can pretty much route anything to anything and so can set up some quite complex configurations (feedback, digital distortion, bzzzt - bye bye job). A couple of days learning on a digi desk is well worth the $s imo.
Ian Dare
Drumstruck
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby walding » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Drumstruck wrote:fwiw + 1 on Mark's comments - once in the digital domain you can pretty much route anything to anything and so can set up some quite complex configurations (feedback, digital distortion, bzzzt - bye bye job). A couple of days learning on a digi desk is well worth the $s imo.

Yep, but even at the lower end, quickly EQing feedback from a send, or adjusting FB can be a problem if it takes too long midway through a set.....

I still prefer analogue desks, but they are few now days even in the smaller venues...

The beauty of digital is the thumb drive, I have at least 3 venues here in melbourne, stored on my keyring thumb drive, Turn up insert drive hit load, 80-90 percent there...... It's lazy in a sense I guess
Mark Ludwig

SHould of been a drummer
walding
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to The Turtlerock Forum