Roland TR-808 Analog Drum Machine w/custom case

This is the place to advertise gear YOU OWN that's for sale, for hire or gear you'd like to own.

Moderators: rick, Mark Bassett

Roland TR-808 Analog Drum Machine w/custom case

Postby gspeed » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 am

Hi there.
A hard decision to let my 808 go but alas the time has come. Have owned for over 15 years and kept in a custom made road case especially made for it . Since purchase it has been stored under the bed in a smoke free home purely for its collectibility. We are looking at a new kitchen and car these next 12 months so I am sadly moving a few pieces on. Once every few years I find a couple of hours to sit and play but finding the time these days is becoming harder with a toddler.

Prices are very high for 808’s today , especially in this condition . Australian 240V version. Any vintage gear of this age could always do with a freshen up service . A lot of wonderful analog synth techs out there (Sydney , Melbourne) who do this kind of work to a very high standard . The 808 is functioning fine . I have some paper manuals that I can include with the 808. It’s output and tone simply can’t be recreated with the digital clones that are always coming out. It will only increase in value as the years roll on. A solid investment and incredibly sort after. These rarely come up for sale.

The price is $4650 . No offers or trades thanks . These are just far too rare . Especially in this condition .

I’m happy for any serious buyers to inspect before purchase . I will post Australia wide at buyers expense . Pickup is also available from my place in Campbelltown , NSW. Will try to upload some pics here that I shot last week. Email me atgoodspeedvl@yahoo.com and I can send you lots of good shots .

This is an amazing opportunity for maybe a studio to purchase and look at hiring out or for the home recording artist.

Feel free to email or message me and I’ll get back to you with any questions you may have. I can even do a video /FaceTime call if you are out of town if you’d like to see it in the flesh so to speak. Plenty of photos over on my gumtree ad as well .

Pickup available near Campbelltown, NSW. Can ship Australia wide with Pack and Send Couriers at buyers expense.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campbell ... ios_social

Cheers
Steve :)

Email : goodspeedvl@yahoo.com
Phone : 0412759935
gspeed

Re: Roland TR-808 Analog Drum Machine w/custom case

Postby a.d.a.m. baby » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 pm

Looks in great nick, Steve!
Often aussie 808s have got quite a bit of corrosion (well, maybe that's just the Qld ones!)

Ever needed any work? The LED switches are prone to being a bit hit and miss with age...
a.d.a.m. baby

Postby gspeed » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 am

Cheers Adam . Yeah she’s a beauty . I haven’t had any servicing done to it since it’s been in my possession (not to say it couldn’t do with a once over) . The custom road case really protects it well!
Sent you a PM too .

Don’t let this one get away folks. Happy to ship Australia wide .
Cheers Steve
gspeed

Postby gspeed » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:50 pm

TR-808 has now sold . Thanks

Steve
gspeed

Return to For Sale / For Hire / Gear Wanted